How To Make Instant Rava Appam at Home
How To Make Instant Rava Appam Recipe
In South India . Appam are even had as part of breakfast or dinner . Appam, recipes are usually.
Served with an assortment of chutney , which make the platter appear all the more appetising.
Appam are usually cooked in oil , in a special mould Called Appam Patra that has many small pocket into which the Batter is poured.This gives the appam a unique shape and texture too.
1 cup Rava/Sooji
½ cup Yoghurt/Curd
½ cup Water
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Rai/ Mustard seeds
1 or 2 Green chillies finely chopped
1 medium Onion finely chopped
1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste or grated
2 to 3 tbsp Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
2 to 3 tbsp Oil for greasing the appam pan cavities
Salt as per your liking
- Take a Kadhai add 1 tbsp oil heat it add mustard seeds, saute till it crackles.
- Then , add the onions and green chillies & Peanuts saute on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add grated ginger and garlic and saute till the raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Add in finely chopped coriander leaves and mix it nicely and turn off the flame.
- For making rava and yoghurt batter:
- In a large mixing bowl, add thick curd/ yoghurt and add 2 tbsp water and whisk it nicely.
- Add the rava in the bowl and mix it with the yoghurt. Use unroasted rava to make the batter.
- Add salt and water as required in the batter and mix well without forming any lumps
- Now, add sauteed onions & Peanuts into the bowl and mix it nicely. Cover and keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes
- For cooking rava appam
- Heat appam patra and add few drops of oil in each cavity.
- Till the pan is getting heated, add 1 tsp of Cooking Soda into the batter and combine it vigorously.
- Now, lower the flame and add a tbsp of rava batter in each of the holes. Cover the pan with the lid and let it simmer on low flame.
- After 1 or 2 minutes, add few drops of oil on each of the appam and again cover and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the appam are cooked and turns golden from the base, flip it upside down with the help of a spoon.
- Cover and again cook from another side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now, remove the rava appam from the pan with the help of a Appam Wooden Pensil.
- Finally, serve the hot or warm instant Rava appam with Coconut Chutney.